THEORY OF CHANGE:
If we hire a Director of Strategy, they will drive the daily implementation of purpose driven strategies across our client portfolio and new business opportunities, which will enable OBERLAND to thrive.
To develop insight-driven brand strategies that serve as the foundation for the creative work and ultimately help solve key business challenges. The Director of Strategy will support and report to the Chief Strategy Officer, and manage the Senior Strategist, and Social Strategist.
- Direct the development and execution of processes and frameworks to promote efficiency, communication and adequate information flow
- Researching and gathering data to develop well-informed creative briefs
- Examining clients’ businesses to get to know their brands and understand their objectives
- Designing strategies for new business pitches
- Producing cohesive and intelligent communications + messaging plans to bring success to campaigns
- Generating original ideas with other members of the team
- Presenting findings to agency leadership and clients
- Liaising with account and creative teams to create improvements to strategies
- Review appropriate work in progress before presentation to senior leadership and clients.
- Developing the talent in the department.
- Build effective, lasting relationships with prospects, clients and employees by communicating clearly and in a timely manner
- Work well with others as you will be at the center of communications with internal and client teams
- Represent the agency well
- Bring a high level energy and enthusiasm to the agency each day
- Learn fast and lead
CRITICAL SKILLS AND PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- A proven track record in developing strategic work that benefits the client
- A good knowledge of the media and how strategic planning influences it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to make complex subjects understandable
- The drive to be successful and perform well in all aspects of your strategic work
- The flexibility to work over a number of projects and balance your workload
- An instinct for framing and brand positioning.
- Delivering creative briefs that inspire creative teams and lead to strong work
- Persuading internal teams and clients the strategy and creative will deliver on its intended goals
- Retention and growth of team members
- Quality and stickiness of client relationships that manifests in incremental strategic work
Oberland is and equal opportunity employer...
Working with us